Dalton Stay & Play Volunteering Opportunities
Volunteering Opportunity with Dalton Stay and Play!
Dalton Stay and Play is a small parent and toddler group which will be meeting once a week on a Monday Afternoon inside Dalton Children’s centre. We provide arts and crafts, messy play, books, outdoor play, dressing up and more. Occasionally there may be a local trip e.g: to the park or a playgym. It is a meeting place where children can develop and improve social skills and adults can relax, chat to new people and maybe take part in activities that they don’t get chance to do at home whilst providing a support network to other parents.
Dalton Stay and Play Volunteer Role:
As a volunteer in the group:
· A DBS certificate would be required.
· A basic knowledge of health and safety as well as child development would be advantageous.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
· Setting up outdoor area toys and equipment, water tray, sand tray and any other area as necessary.
· Welcoming parents and children as they arrive and accepting their payments.
· Preparing and serving refreshments.
· Engaging in activities such as arts and crafts, experiments with water and sharing books with children.
· Being friendly, supportive and engaging at all times with all users of the group.
· Helping to tidy equipment away at end of sessions.
· Leading the story and song time to close.
Alongside any other duties necessary to enhance the smooth running of the group.
Volunteering has many advantages:
It can provide the necessary experience and knowledge you require to further your chosen career, you can gain new perspectives and make new friends.
You get the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience to help others and learn more about a specific subject.
To express an interest in volunteering with Dalton Stay and Play, please contact Sarah on 07894513971 / email: email@example.com